- Washington Park Arboretum, 2300 Arboretum Drive E., Seattle, Wa., 206.325.4510
Over two hundred acres of trees, shrubs, rhododendrons, and other plant specimens from all over the world.
Wide footpaths throughout the upland park and the lower marshy areas of the park on Lake Washington.
Open daily year around. Admission: Free
- Bellevue Botanical Garden, 12001 Main Street, Bellevue, Wa., 425-452-2750
Open daily 7:30 am to dusk.
- Carl S. English Jr. Gardens, Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, Lake Washington Ship Canal, Seattle, Wa., 206-783-7001
Ornamental garden featuring a collection of Palm trees and other exotic trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants.
Open 6 a.m. through 9 p.m., Daily. Admission is free.
- Lakewold Gardens
Lakewold Gardens, 12317 Gravelly Lake Drive S. W., Lakewood, Wa., Toll Free; 888-858-4106 Local; 253-584-4106,
Ten-acre former private estate garden now open to the public featuring
stunning permanent and seasonal displays.
Open October through March: Friday-Monday 10 am to 3 pm: April through September: 10 am to 4 pm.
Admission: $5 general, $3 senior, military, student. Childern under 12 free: Groups of 10+ $2 each.
- Meerkerk Rhododendron Gardens, 3531 S. Meerkerk Lane, Greenbank, Whidbey Island, Wa., 360-678-1912
Ten-acre garden in a 43-acre woodland preserve with trails. Guided tours scheduled in advance.
Open daily, 9 a.m. through 4 p.m. Admission: $3.
- Volunter Park Conservatory, 1400 E. Galer Street, Seattle, Wa., 206-684-4743
Greenhouse located at north end of Volunter Park
Displays: Permanent and rotating seasonal displays include cacti, succulents, bromeliads, and over 800 orchids.
Open daily 10 am to 7 pm.
- Weyerhaeuser Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden: 2525 South 336th Street, Federal Way, Wa. 252-838-4646
- Woodland Park Rose Garden: A wonderful display of many varieties of roses. Tours available upon request.
Open dawn to dusk daily. Addmission is free. 206-684-4743
List of Plant Societies
- Iris Society: Contacts,
Jefrie Jenkins, 206.762.5074
Richard Greenburg, 206.323.2310
- Fuchsia Society: Contacts,
No list, yet
- Orchid Society: Contacts,
Bob Ellis, 360.452.6764
- Washinton State University web sites
- Western Washington: Western Washington
- Eastern Washington: Eastern Washington
- Weed management info: Woody Weeds
This site has information on woody weed control and links for weed identification.
- Washington State University Cooperative Extension tape library.
More than 200 titles are available.
Call 206-296-3425 for a free catalogue.
Master Gardener hotlines:
- Clallan County: 360-417-2279
Office Hours; 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 4 pm, M-F
- Jefferson County: 360-379-5610
Office Hours; 9 am to 5 pm, M-F
- Cowlitz County: 360-577-3014
Office Hours; 8:30 am to 5 pm, M-F
- King County: 206-296-3400
Office Hours; 10 am to 4 pm, M-F
- Pacific County: 360-875-9331
Office Hours; 8 Am to Noon and 1 pm to 5 pm, M-F
- Lewis County: 360-740-1212
Office Hours; 8 am to 5 pm, M-F
- Pierce County: 253-798-7170
Office Hours; 9 am to 3 pm, M-F
- Snohomish County: 425-357-6010
Office Hours; 9 am to 4 pm, Monday through Thrusday, 10 am to 2 pm Friday
- Thurston County: 360-786-5445
Office Hours; 8 am to 5 pm, M-F
Return to The Pacific Northwest Home Gardener Home page .
If you have comments or questions, email webmeister at email@example.com
This page was last updated October 20, 2018.